The Project Manager oversees project logistics, from planning and scheduling to ensuring compliance with quality standards. Their comprehensive role encompasses areas such as coordination, cost and time management, contract administration, and safety oversight.
Seeking professional with experience to fulfill the Estimator at B&G
Director of Project Management
The Project Manager is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The construction project manager’s responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management, like Project Planning & Coordination, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management.
Primary Responsibilities – Implement a full project plan for your assigned projects. This includes:
- Initiate & attend internal project kick off meeting.
- Develop duration schedules with general superintendent and foreman which can be provided to construction manager in order to establish realistic expectations of job related tasks.
- Maintain and update submittal schedule and identify potential procurement conflicts which may impact the projects critical path.
- Maintain and update change order schedule and identify potential changes which may cause adverse effects to the financial and progress of the project.
- Maintain and update RFI schedule and identify potential RFI’s which may cause adverse effects to the financial and progress of the project.
- Maintain job start checklist being utilized from inception of project and continues through to completion.
- Ensure compliance of specific contractual obligations and regulatory requirements such as utilization of WBE/MBE suppliers and contractors as necessary for your specific projects.
- Ensure the implementation of Lean Construction initiatives set forth by director of project management.
- Execute & implement the utilization of resources – labor, materials and equipment – and ensuring their procurement at the most cost-effective terms.
- Utilize all of the organization’s tracking and reporting resources such as reviewing weekly the Job Status Reports, Change Order Logs, and Timberline Cost-By-Cost-Code reports to ensure monthly WIP meeting reporting is correct.
- Review project financial stability and assist in detecting the early warning signs such as under billing scenarios, negative net cash and over invoicing of purchase orders. Execute corrections to avoid possible financial downturn of projects expected profitability. By utilizing accounting functions, manage the estimated values, tracking of project(s) expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Review all change orders/proposals, for your specified project(s) prior to them being issued to clients.
- Ensure a timely approval of all change orders to avoid un-necessary legal action and or ownership involvement in change order resolution.
- Enact emergency protocols, under advisement and assistance with director of project management, to help re-direct project(s) back into a positive profitable state once problem detected.
- Ensure installation standards are consistent with B&G QC\QA installation manual.
- Identify and execute the incorporation of Bulletins and Addenda specific to project.
- Procure, track and conclude all required permitting for contract execution by the authorities having jurisdiction.
- Prepare job hazard analysis required to perform certain tasks within that project.
- Ensure Company Safety and HASP Plan record keeping is current on all assigned projects.
- Oversee the construction project from kickoff to closeout.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when needs arise.
- Review the overall contractual requirements for assigned projects and specified design methodology for individual projects as required.
- Initiate with client, the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors to develop work flow schedules that coordinate with master project schedule. Identify issues which may present obstacles to achieve established milestones. Interact with the construction manager to coordinate expectations and identify conflicts to establish a mutually agreed upon schedule.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all chosen sub-contractors and vendors.
- Identify & address the elements of project design and construction which are likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Provide oversight for third party subcontractors.
- Coordinate with accounts payable and accounts receivables to invoice per project terms.
- Coordinate/consult with legal counsel to resolve claims/disputes.
- Coordinate and manage work across other divisions within the company.
- Develop/maintain network of professional relationships within our industry.
B&G Mission Statement:
B&G Electrical Contractors seeks to achieve a workplace environment that fosters well-being for our employees and clients and delivers a value driven electrical installation by:
- Integrating a culture of safety into every action we take.
- Achieving a greater level environmentally conscious construction through labor saving installations and material procurement.
- Employing lean building techniques that reduce waste and ensure a consistent outcome on the jobsite.
- Constantly reviewing processes to ensure that each action will result in a positive outcome.
- Eliminate actions that result in a negative outcome.
- Utilizing the collective talented resources of our employees to deliver quality workmanship
- Working responsibly with our customer to create successful partnerships
- Ensuring the longevity of our company through repeat and referral business achieve by customer satisfaction in all areas including timeliness, attention to detail and service-minded attitudes
- Maintaining the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, honesty, and fairness in our relationships with suppliers, subcontractor’s professional associates and customers.
To apply, complete the form below and submit your resume(must be .doc or .docx).