Seeking professional with experience to fulfill the Estimator at B&G
An Estimator shall be responsible and follow a process of measurement, pricing and cost accounting for every construction project. The price of the project is then based on the electrical details of the estimate. The pricing of the project consists of material, labor subcontractors, direct cost and indirect business operating costs including overhead and profit. The estimator must be able to level out vendors and subcontractors prior to submitting a bid. The measurement process, in terms of estimating and pricing must always prove itself accurate. An estimator must be responsible and pay careful attention to details of the plans, specifications and owner’s requirements. This may include providing possible (VE) value engineering solutions, creating job specific unit prices and developing new pricing strategies. An estimator must be able to prepare budgets by analyzing similar projects cost history (labor and materials), commodity pricing and the current markets of the construction industry. An estimator must keep current with all new bid processes and methods, as well as industry trends.
- Understand and be able to utilize the latest estimating, document creation and reporting software and recommend changes if need be to help department create more accurate estimates.
- Review drawing specifications and come to a clear understanding what type of materials are required to be used for a specific project.
- Perform system counts.
- Send out drawings & specifications and project counts to vendors for quotes.
- Perform a point to point take off by drawing, by system. Draft and submit RFI’s as required.
- Review and check all quotes and equipment list.
- Review all data base material pricing and labor units.
- Review all indirect and direct costs, including OH/ MU and project cost codes.
- Provide project overview / review including unit pricing as required.
- Fill out and submit all scope sheets, leveling sheets and bid forms in a timely manner.
- Provide a clear and concise proposal with job specific qualifications.
- Make follow up sales calls and establish sales leads.
- Provide value engineering ideas and concepts including cost structure.
- Provide a sales presentation to the owner; developer or construction manager when required.
- Review contracts and consult with General Counsel to provide an exhibit of Proposed Closing Notes.
- Purchase all major equipment per plans, specifications and supplemental conditions as required.
- Provide SOV, job cost sheets and post buy down sheets including project check off list.
- Initiate project kick off with project management team.
Mission Statement of B&G Electric:
- B&G Electrical Contractors seeks to achieve a workplace environment that fosters well-being for our employees and clients and delivers a value driven electrical installation by:
- Integrating a culture of safety into every action we take
- Achieving a greater level environmentally conscious construction through labor saving installations and material procurement
- Employing lean building techniques that reduce waste and ensure consistent outcome on the jobsite
- Constantly reviewing processes to ensure that each action will result in a positive outcome
- Eliminate actions that result in negative outcome
- Utilizing the collective talented resources of our employees to deliver quality workmanship
- Working responsibly with our customers to create successful partnerships
- Ensuring the longevity of our company through repeat and referral business achieved by customer satisfaction in all areas including timeliness, attention to detail, and service-minded attitudes
- Maintaining the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, honesty and fairness in our relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, professional associates and customers
To apply, complete the form below and submit your resume(must be .doc or .docx).